Why Choose WordPress Over Other CMS Solutions?
When it comes to content management systems (CMS); there is no other that is the foremost, most reputable and solidly established system. With hundreds of plug-ins and templates that have been tried, tested, and improved; there is no doubt that WordPress has staying-power, reliability, and credibility.
More than one million of the top websites on Alexa.com are websites produced by WordPress. Also, a staggering sixty million plus websites in use internationally are WordPress blogs. Other impressive WordPress statistics are:
- It is free
- It is open source
- Offers an impressive permalink structure
- Supports tagging
- Supports Trackback and Pingback
- Has some mobile functionality
- It is the most popular blogging and website platform used worldwide[/listitems]
Of course there are other content management systems that are available; but they are lacking in one area or another which results in them being less competitive in comparison to WordPress. Some drawbacks include:
- Some CMS’s are paid services: There is a price tag attached to most features
- Many are newly established so therefore there are much improvements to be made as vulnerabilities are exposed
- Many are lacking in credibility
- A large percentage are closed source
- Many provide limited or no commercial manuals
- Many have limited or no built-in blog application
- Some do not provide the flexibility to reuse content
- Many do not have drag-and-drop content capabilities
- Some charge for professional hosting or provide the service in a limited capacity.